Hello! This is my first post, though I have been lurking for some time…
I’ve just begun a longish-term project, a pair of 19” cushion covers. I’m stitching the Hermione Floral-in-Diamond runner pattern, but in a different colorway because we don’t use much red/gold in our home.
DMC 3362 replaces the burgundy, then 842 in place of the tan, 890 for the black; the “flowers” are done in 3740 and 3053. Since the purple and the main green are so similar in darkness, I added a 1-strand backstitch outline in the 842.
All of it on the 30-ct Mikini groundcloth in “Sacaree.”
Now that I have a “sample” square done, so I won’t need the chart, I’m shifting to doing the outline and grid of both cushions before doing any else. **I should mention, I also changed it a little because I wanted it to be perfectly symmetrical, rather than having that neat little bit of asymmetry at the center of the diamonds.
Let me know what you think! And thank you all for the boundless inspiration this community provides.